We are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of all visitors and users of prominencesupport.co.uk
Please read the following carefully to understand our policy and practices regarding your personal information collected through this Website. This policy is not intended to and does not create any contractual or other legal right in or on behalf of any party.
What personal information do we collect?
We do not collect any personal information about you on our Website unless you choose to provide it to us voluntarily. If you decide to purchase a policy with us, there is certain personal information that we will require from you in order to process your policy. We define “personal information” as information that is unique to you and might include your name, delivery address, credit/debit card number and expiration date, billing address, e-mail address and telephone number.
We may also collect the following data about you to help us improve our service to you:
– Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to any service which we provide, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion, and when you report a problem with our Website.
– If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
– Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of your orders.
– Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access on our Website.
IP addresses and cookies
An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a set of numbers, which is assigned to your computer during a browsing session. It is automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our Website. We do not use your IP address to identify you personally.
Access to information:
You are entitled to see the information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may charge you an administrative fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Where we store your personal information
We use a trusted third party payment processing service to process your payment to us and we do not store your credit/debit card information. With respect to your personal information that we do store, such as your name, address, email address and telephone number, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal information to prevent unauthorised access or unlawful processing of your personal information. We keep your information confidential and store it on a secure server which is password protected and hidden behind a firewall.
We use secure socket layer software (SSL) to encrypt all of your personal information including your name and address. This technology prevents you from inadvertently revealing personal information using an insecure connection.
Uses made of your personal information
Aside from fulfilling your policy on our Website, we may use information held about you to:
– set up, manage your account and contact you about your account;
– ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
– provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
– carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
– allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and,
– notify you about changes to our service.
Marketing and Communications
You will have the opportunity to subscribe to certain areas of the Website. For instance you may wish to receive our newsletter or other marketing information (by E-Mail or Direct Mail) or enter competitions and fill out blog entries. In these circumstances we will ask for additional information, such as your age, occupation, etc. We will also treat this information as “personal information,” as described in this policy. This will help us to target our marketing in a way we feel would be of specific interest to you.
We monitor customer traffic on an aggregate basis using cookies and code, which is embedded, in the Website. This provides statistical information about visits to pages on the Website, the duration of individual page view, paths taken by visitors through the Website, data on visitors screen settings and other general information. We use this information to help improve the Website and services to its users.